Laura picked up a flat bar hybrid in the Spring of 2013 intending to get some exercise while commuting to work. That one, seemingly insignificant decision would be the major influencing factor in every decision made thereafter and would drive her life into uncharted waters. The flat bar commuter turned into a mountain bike, which turned into a mountain bike race, and eventually UCI racing. It turned into a job as assistant coach at an endurance sports coaching company, riding spots in mtb edits, and being the first girl to hit the biggest freeride line Gravity Logic ever built. Essentially, that first commuter bike was a gateway to untold happiness via a ride-driven life. Laura continues to push her limits on the bike as both freerider & downhill racer and loves (just about) every moment of it... most especially the airborne ones.
SURPRISING FACT ABOUT ME
FAVORITE USE FOR THE BICYCLE TUBE
WHAT I ALWAYS ORDER FOR THE TABLE
FAVORITE VINTAGE YETI
- I can recite the entire periodic table of elements from memory.
I wanted to put together a bike that was capable of handling the biggest park hits I could throw at it but still light and nimble enough for someone my size to flick around with ease. This bike is everything I’ve always wanted!
- Frame: SB140 / XS, Turq Series
- Shock: DVO Topaz T3Air, 140mm
- Fork: DVO Diamond Boost, 160mm Travel
- Crankset: Shimano XTR 165mm
- Drivetrain: Shimano XTR 12-speed
- Brakes: Shimano XTR M9120
- Wheelset: Industry Nine Trail 270
- Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2 Pro EMC
- Headset: Cane Creek
- Stem: DEITY Copperhead 50mm
- Bars: DEITY Speedway 30mm Rise
- Grips: DEITY Knuckleduster / Shaolin Yellow
- Seatpost: PNW Components Bachelor W/ Loam Lever
- Saddle: DEITY Speedtrap / Stealth
- Pedals: DEITY TMAC / Platinum