Adventurer / Photographer
A native of Colorado, award-winning adventure filmmaker Joey Schusler is more comfortable in huge mountains than anywhere—especially when he's on a mountain bike. A veteran of the Yeti Cycles racing program, joining the team 13 years ago at age 17, Schusler is a former World Cup downhill racer with top 10 experience in the Enduro World Series. Schusler continues to ride at a professional level, even appearing in freeride segments alongside the likes of Matt Hunter in the 2019 movie, Return to Earth. Through self-produced films such as Huayhuash, 55 Hours in Mexico, The Trail to Kazbegi, and The Kora, he has helped to bring a hardcore backcountry adventure ethos to the forefront of the mountain bike community.
LIKES TO TURN
SURPRISING FACT ABOUT ME
WHAT I ALWAYS ORDER FOR THE TABLE
BIGGEST RISK I HAVE TAKEN
FAVORITE VINTAGE YETI
WILDEST ANIMAL ENCOUNTER
- Outside Magazine - 30 Under 30 - Young people making large strides in the outdoor industry
- RJ Ripper Film - Over 500 screenings world wide and countless awards and recognition
- Red Bull Illume Photo Contest - Finalist - Moving image category
- National Geographic Adventure - Contributor
- Return to Earth - Anthill Films - Rider segment
- Successful completion of 6 large scale bikepacking expeditions. (Colorado, Norway, Peru, Bolivia, Mongolia, Republic of Georgia)
- Published and accomplished in the MTB media as both rider and creative.
- Enduro World Series - Top 6 finish - (2013)
- Enduro World Series - Top 15 finish - (2014)
- Collegiate National Champion - X6 - (2008-2012)
- Once ate a 5lb bag of dried mango 1hr into a road trip.
- ROCK SHOX