Payroll / HR Specialist
Date: September 2022
Location: Golden, CO
Reports to: Controller
This role will report directly to the Controller and be directly responsible for performing a variety of tasks including onboarding and administrative activities, processing payroll, scheduling interviews, and providing support to hiring managers. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, have excellent communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask in fast moving environments. This role will perform payroll accounting and administrative HR duties to support the company. This person will ensure payment is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations for both salaried and hourly employees. They will also comply with all state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with recruiting, screening interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
o From editing and posting a job description, to assisting with performing screening interviews alongside of hiring managers, preparing new employee paperwork, notifying appropriate departments of new hires and job postings, onboarding and welcoming new employees to their role and Yeti Cycles
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, and other correspondence to staff
- Experience managing Payroll, Employee Benefit Programs, Employee Handbooks, PTO/Sick Leave Programs, and other ancillary compensation
- Strong knowledge of local and federal employment law (including FMLA, ADA, ACA, etc.), performance management, conflict resolution and current human resource trends
- Organizes and maintains information that may be sensitive, confidential, or technical in nature
- Provide counsel to management regarding company HR programs, processes, and policies to mitigate risk and ensure HR compliance alongside company growth
- Schedule various events, programs, and activities as well as coordinating employee appreciate events
- Create programs and paths for employee progression and development
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications, Competencies, and Key Attributes:
- College degree in Human Resources or equivalent degree
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written, communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds, at times
- Proactive and Self-Starter
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes in the world and to make the best bikes, we need the best people. We are committed to a talented, diverse workplace that values hard work and initiative. Our work environment is relaxed, but high functioning. Dogs wander the building and bikes clutter the hallways. We have good coffee brewing in the morning and hoppy beers flowing in the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm every day to ride. We live to ride. We offer a competitive compensation package, medical/dental insurance, matching 401k, life insurance, paid parental leave, and disability insurance.
$60,000-70,000, depending on experience.
Yeti Cycles is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Please Email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com – include the job title ‘Payroll / HR Specialist’ in the subject line.