Date: August 2022
Location: Golden, CO
Reports to: Production Manager
We are looking for a humble, creative, data-driven individual to work closely with our production team to optimize the flow of materials through the entire production process and warehouse.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in Process or Manufacturing Engineering with a focus on high-end consumer products. They should have a demonstrated history of collaborating to build quality and efficiency into processes with high labor content.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor and adjust assembly and warehouse processes to increase throughput and efficiency while maintaining or improving product quality.
- Work with members of a work cell group or team to develop innovative ways to immediately implement improvements in the work area or process.
- Utilize methods analysis tools such as flow diagrams, process charts, activity charts, and operations charts to capture current state and pave the way to a more ideal future state.
- Design and fabricate fixtures and jigs to support and improve assembly activities.
- Specify, source, qualify, and maintain custom automation machinery. Understanding an automated machinery language and architecture (ladder logic) is a must.
- Familiarity and experience with total quality management (TQM) tools and/or Lean manufacturing tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Process Flowcharts.
- Understanding of process capability and experience with improving process output without sacrificing quality.
Job Qualifications, Competencies, and Key Attributes:
- Degree in mechanical or industrial manufacturing preferred.
- Experience as a Process or Manufacturing Engineer with a focus on high-end consumer products.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Maintain a positive and pleasant attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of metrology instruments, including calipers, gauges, check fixtures, and dial indicators. Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Hands-on and mechanically minded with the ability to take appropriate initiative.
- Knowledge of ERP and warehouse management systems.
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes in the world and to make the best bikes, we need the best people. We are committed to a talented, diverse workplace that values hard work and initiative. Our work environment is relaxed, but high functioning. Dogs wander the building and bikes clutter the hallways. We have good coffee brewing in the morning and hoppy beers flowing in the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm every day to ride. We live to ride. We offer a competitive compensation package, medical/dental insurance, matching 401k, life insurance, paid parental leave, and disability insurance.
$50,000-65,000 annually, depending on experience.
Yeti Cycles is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Please Email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the job title ‘Manufacturing Engineer’ in the subject line.