Human Resource Manager
Date Posted: February 2021
Location: Golden, CO
Reports to: CFO
The Human Resource Manager is one of the more impactful positions within the company. The role is responsible for all HR needs of the business and serves as the primary point of contact for employee relations. The HR Manager directly oversees the company’s regular HR needs such as payroll, benefit program management and oversight of company policies & compliance. The position supports all department-level hiring - overseeing new employee recruitment, interview communication, final hiring details & onboarding. The HR Manager must be well versed in current human resource laws, state and local standards and industry best practices. The role requires strong emotional intelligence alongside the ability to determine appropriate human resource needs relative to a high growth organization, with a strong entrepreneurial culture.
Essential Job Functions and Experience:
- Experience advising managers through recruitment, hiring, training, management of complex employee workforce challenges, and employee transition
- Partner with management on initiatives such as performance reviews, pay planning, bonus structure, succession planning, employee satisfaction, and change management
- Build and implement salary and benefits structure for company based on management growth goals and market pay trends
- Research and define compensation levels appropriate to roles, market, and experience
- Experience managing Payroll, Employee Benefit Programs, Employee Handbooks, PTO/Sick Leave Programs, and other ancillary compensation
- Strong knowledge of local and federal employment law (including FMLA, ADA, ACA, etc.), performance management, conflict resolution, and current human resource trends
- Provide tactical support to frontline managers
- Provide counsel to management regarding company HR programs, processes, and policies to mitigate risk and ensure HR compliance alongside company growth
- Partner with managers to assess talent and create development goals for top talent
- Serve as point of contact for employee questions and grievances related to policy, performance management, etc.
- Conduct investigations related to employee relations concerns
- Assist with recruiting / staffing projects, where necessary
- Assist with ongoing COVID related HR needs
Job Qualifications, Competencies, and Key Attributes:
- 6-8 years of experience in employee relations and/or human resources
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a preferred concentration in Business, Human Resources, Management, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- APHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and listening skills, experience with emotional intelligence, and a strong sense of mutual respect for others
- Historical initiative of continued education relevant to HR.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes in the world. The work environment is relaxed but high functioning. Dogs wander the building; bikes clutter the hallways and we always have good coffee in the morning and hoppy beers in the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm in non-COVID times to ride every day. We offer competitive compensation, annual performance-based bonus, comprehensive healthcare, discounted gym membership, matching 401k, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, sick leave, one-time bicycle frame credit, and annual apparel credit.
$75,000-85,000, depending on experience
Yeti Cycles is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Please Email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include the job title ‘HR Manager’ in the subject line.