Director of Operations
Date Posted: May 2022
Location: Golden, CO
Reports to: President
The Director of Operations holds the keys to all operational responsibilities for the business. The position is a member of the leadership team and oversees all aspects of Yeti’s production, assembly, purchasing, logistics, facilities & technology departments. Half of the business headcount directly or indirectly report to the Director of Operations - emotional intelligence, employee development and strong leadership characteristics are fundamental to the role. The Operations Director will play a critical part in the long-term enterprise planning of the business, making sure all growth and expansion needs are properly met. The role will develop and implement all strategic initiatives relative to Yeti’s operating needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Member of Leadership Team with P&L responsibility for the technology, production, purchasing, logistics, compliance, quality control & facility departments
- Manage multiple aspects of Yeti production, both in-house and 3rd party suppliers
o Asian factory environments
o Mass US / European assembly and production environments
- Experience scaling a high growth business to address appropriate staffing & structure, business process development, reporting / data driven decision making & facility planning
- Thorough understanding of overall business systems including core technology infrastructure / hardware, ERP systems (Syspro), Warehouse Management Systems and Business Intelligence platforms.
- Strategy / Budget - develop & maintain operations plan paired with required budget resources for all operating aspects of the business.
- Manage a large & growing staff with many levels of employees & responsibilities. The job oversees the warehouse / production teams but also interfaces with the C-suite daily – understanding people operations and different motivators across the organization is key to success.
Job Qualifications, Competencies, and Key Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, preferred
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience
- Strategic, long-term thinker
- Direct communicator
- P&L / budgetary experience
- Leader, team builder & mentor to others – strong emotional intelligence
- Data driven & results oriented
- Experience managing factory / production environments
- Experience working in the bicycle, other outdoor industry, or high growth business with a strong company culture
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes in the world and to make the best bikes, we need the best people. We are committed to a talented, diverse workplace that values hard work and initiative. Our work environment is relaxed, but high functioning. Dogs wander the building and bikes clutter the hallways. We have good coffee brewing in the morning and hoppy beers flowing in the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm every day to ride. We live to ride. We offer a competitive compensation package, medical/dental insurance, matching 401k, paid parental leave, life insurance, and disability insurance.
$120,000-145,000 annually - depending on experience.
Yeti Cycles is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Please Email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - include the job title ‘Director of Operations’ in the subject line.