Director of Marketing
Date Posted: February 2021
Location: Golden, CO
Reports to: President
The Director of Marketing will report to the President and be responsible for developing the marketing strategy, including positioning and promotion of Yeti Cycles products globally, across all channels. Responsible for cultivating the soul of the brand, this role will lead all aspects of marketing, branding and creative strategy.
We are looking for a leader who is strategic, creative, and organized who can turn big ideas into great work. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of effective communication, leadership, and collaboration skills, with success delivering strategic campaigns across a variety of marketing channels.
As a member of Yeti Cycles Leadership Team, the Director of Marketing will help to set, and be held accountable to achieve, the company’s annual, and long-term brand objectives. This position will work cross-departmentally to increase the effectiveness of all products, offerings, and communications to maximize customer engagement and respond to market changes.
Essential Job Functions and Experience:
- Own and align the marketing department strategy in support of business priorities
- Develop and guide implementation of omni-channel marketing programs
- Lead department responsible for online and offline marketing channels, including media, content creation, athlete/ambassador programs, email, owned social, digital advertising, PR, website & ecommerce, race team, events and sponsorships
- Drive strategy and execution to expand reach of Yeti Cycles brand across current and new audiences
- Oversee annual marketing budget and ensure spend aligns with business objectives
- Lead content creation efforts to support all organizational objectives including owned marketing channels, DTC, dealer/distributor relationships, sponsorships, and collaborations
- Direct market research to identify and prioritize marketing, channel, and product strategies to engage current and reach new audiences
- Lead marketing program analysis, identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) and implementing improvements to inform future strategies and measure impact
- Lead team of five, directly supervising two managers. Ensure delivery on annual objectives and metrics tied to strategic goals. Mentor managers in how they guide and grow their direct reports
- Manage strategic agency and creative partner relationships
- Serve periodically as a spokesperson for the organization, in-person, and at tradeshows
Job Qualifications, Competencies, and Key Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, advanced degrees, unique experiences, and professional and personal connection to mountain biking a plus
- 8-10 years marketing experience with 3-4 years in a senior level role
- Leadership experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development to a team of five
- Experience building brand awareness with an acute understanding of brand nuance, tone, and voice
- Demonstrated success translating business objectives into marketing metrics, tracking and analyzing using a variety of analytical tools (e.g. Google analytics) and reporting via easy-to-understand dashboards, with clear implications and recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of marketing, brand, and product positioning; along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve company objectives
- Experience developing and implementing both digital and traditional marketing strategies. Direct experience with Salesforce and MarketingCloud a plus
- Knowledge of high-end bike industry and/or outdoor industry a plus
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes in the world and to make the best bikes, we need the best people. We are committed to a talented, diverse workplace that values hard work and initiative. Our work environment is relaxed, but high functioning. Dogs wander the building and bikes clutter the hallways. We have good coffee brewing in the morning and hoppy beers flowing in the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm every day to ride. We live to ride. We offer a competitive compensation package, medical/dental insurance, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance.
$115,000-135,000, depending on experience.
Yeti Cycles is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Please Email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com – please include the job title ‘Director of Marketing’ in the subject line.