Marty may be the most stoked individual you’ll ever meet, It’s contagious and he’ll probably bring the best out of you. Host of the Talk Yeti Podcast and many conversations on the trail. Marty organizes his whole life around fun, something his parents instilled as a core value from an early age. He grew up in a van and backcountry ski touring chalet in Revelstoke, BC. Now winters are spent guiding and summers reserved for all adventures on the bike.
SURPRISING FACT ABOUT ME
WHAT I ALWAYS ORDER THE TABLE
BIGGEST RISK TAKEN
FAVORITE VINTAGE YETI
Wildest encounter on trail
Favorite use for the bicycle tube
- After breaking my back when I was 18 years old I changed my life course away from the dream of becoming a professional mountain biker. My focus shifted into work as an avalanche technician and certified ski guide. Later starting a guiding company - CAPOW, Canadian Powder Guides and taking over the families remote heli access backcountry touring chalet, Blanket Glacier Chalet.
- Now working full time in the winter I completely open up my summers to adventure on my bike. Sure, theres work to get done to get ready for the winter... but if theres an opportunity to ride, create a new adventure, join an event or bike race... I'm there!
- I feel my biggest accolade is the life I've been able to create, loving what I do for work in the winter then loving every moment of riding bikes all summer. I'm the professional mountain biker without the pressure of workin it for a paycheck.
- Landing the voice for the Talk Yeti to Me Podcast after years of goofing around on and off the bike.
- Still training to go pro by 40.